Sunday, November 16, 2008

Where the heck have you been?!

I know, I know. It's been awhile since my last post. Its just been one of those whirlwind months where I feel I have been so busy but when I think about what I've been doing my mind is blank. Well I guess the main thing I have been doing is taking care of a 2 year old with a broken leg. Yes, Jacq broke her little tibia. It was a tuesday evening just like any other. Jacq and dad were on the floor playing while I was getting dressed in my bedroom. Next thing I know I hear that scream that every mother knows means, "mom, I'm really hurt." She had jumped off Marc's back and just landed the wrong way. Our friend Tiffany was here too and her and Marc both said they heard her leg snap. Thank goodness I wasn't in the room when it happened. I would have FREAKED! So off to the ER we went. And after waiting only 4 short hours in the waiting room while my poor baby screamed in pain, we walked (well Jacq was carried) out with a casted leg and a prescription for baby pain meds. The 2 weeks that followed were hell. I thought someone was playing a trick on me. Where had my oh so sweet toddler gone? I felt like she was auditioning for the lead role in The Exorcist. Something that is slowing being taken over by the devil. The tantrums were unbelievable. She couldn't walk or crawl so she was very frustrated by that. Thats all better now and I don't think I will need to contact the local catholic church and search the aisles of costco for holy water anymore. We go to the orthopedics on Wednesday. They will take an x-ray and (fingers crossed) remove the cast. Here she is on the day after it happened. And one recently with the ever so fashionable hot pink couture fiber glass piece.





What else have I been up to? Reading. Lots of reading. In the last month I have read 4 books. Which might be like a weekends worth for some people, but feels like half a library to me. I love to read but working 5 days a week makes that very difficult. When I get off work and get home it's time to play with Jacq and Cooper (my dog), cook dinner, clean up dinner, get Jacq ready for bed and then atlas, read. So I get maybe an hour or two a night before I drift of into la la land and then wake up and do it all over again. Just like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day. Only I'm a lot cuter.

We did some really cute halloween crafts and I am so mad at myself for not posting them BEFORE halloween. But they were just too cute not to show so I am posting pics of them anyways. My sister Cassie and our friend Tiffany came over and we had a super craft weekend. That was before the broken leg. Since the wounded appendage we have done zero crafts. Most crafts involve paint or glue which in turn involve a bath immediately after. I don't want to get started on bathing a 2 year old with a fiberglass leg but lets just say its not fun. Anywho- here are a few of our crafting marvels. I got all the ideas here.










I wish I had some Thanksgiving crafts to post but until peg leg regains use of her stub, no crafts. So I haven't been blogging, I haven't been doing crafts, I haven't been taking nearly as many pictures as normal. What the hell is going on?! For one thing the snowbirds have returned. I know we have all heard of shopping season, flu season, hurricane season. One you may not have heard is cataract season. That special time of year when our senior citizens realize that everything they use to see in bright, vivid colors is now dull and grey. Like an emo kid's life. So they come to my work and we yank those cataracts right out for them. Then they can see those bingo cards and read their medicine tubes. No more accidently thinking that ben gay tube is your denture cream! Yeah! What all this means for me is that I am busy at work. In the summertime I can usually swing a day off here and there. Go home an hour or two early a few days a week. Not in the winter. Well I hope to get back into the swing of things. I think I'm off to a good start.

Edit: Apparently I had already posted those halloween crafts. Just goes to show you how my mind has been working, or not working, lately.

2 comments:

KT said...

LOL to the snowbird/cataract thing.

Amen, sister.

I like the ones that think there's NO WAY they could possibly have cats... they just need new glasses. Then they glare out to like, 20/200. I ask, "Have you ever been diagnosed w/ cataracts before?"

Then I get the look like I have a frog coming out of my nose. How DARE I ask such a young, spry, 65-year-old a horrible question like that?! I must be nuts!

I wave at them when they're at the desk scheduling their surgery. "Enjoy those lenses, you old bag!"

Anyway... what were you talking about?
:)

Kelly said...

llllove the spiders... they're so cute :)