I found this recipe in the latest issue of Rachael Ray magazine. I improvised a little. All in all it was really good. Tasted like something from a restaurant. At the request of Marc next time I will use breast instead of thighs. He informed me that he "is a breast man". Like I didn't already know that.
The recipe doesn't call for this but I marinated my chicken in...
- hoisin sauce
- rice vinigar
- soy sauce
- garlic powder
- dash of water
What you need
- 8 boneless/skinless chicken thighs cut into quarters
- 2 tbl evoo
- 1/4c balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 orange marmalade (I used apricot b/c I had it on hand)
1. Put evoo in pan and heat to med-high
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to the skillet. Cook the chicken until crispy and brown about 8-10 mins. Transfer to a platter.
3. Whisk the balsamic vinegar and marmalade into the skillet, scrapping up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
Lower the heat and simmer for 1 minute until bubbly.
4. Return the chicken to the pan and coat with the sauce. I served this over brown rice and with a side of edamame.
Thanks Rachael Ray for this great recipe. You might have annoying phrases like "Yum-O" but you sure can cook!