Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Recipe: Orange-Balsamic Chicken Thighs

I found this recipe in the latest issue of Rachael Ray magazine. I improvised a little. All in all it was really good. Tasted like something from a restaurant. At the request of Marc next time I will use breast instead of thighs. He informed me that he "is a breast man". Like I didn't already know that.

The recipe doesn't call for this but I marinated my chicken in...

- hoisin sauce
- rice vinigar
- soy sauce
- garlic powder
- dash of water

What you need
- 8 boneless/skinless chicken thighs cut into quarters
- 2 tbl evoo
- 1/4c balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 orange marmalade (I used apricot b/c I had it on hand)



1. Put evoo in pan and heat to med-high

2. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to the skillet. Cook the chicken until crispy and brown about 8-10 mins. Transfer to a platter.



3. Whisk the balsamic vinegar and marmalade into the skillet, scrapping up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
Lower the heat and simmer for 1 minute until bubbly.



4. Return the chicken to the pan and coat with the sauce. I served this over brown rice and with a side of edamame.



Thanks Rachael Ray for this great recipe. You might have annoying phrases like "Yum-O" but you sure can cook!

1 comment:

The Parke Family said...

wow - that looks so good - I'm coming over for dinner next time!!! ;)