Sunday, February 8, 2009

Recipe: Parmigiano-Reggiano Crusted Chicken

This recipe is fantastic. I got it from Rachel Ray magazine. Whenever I make it I have to make a double batch because Marc always wants seconds.

What you need:
1/4 c flour
2 eggs
1 1/4 c grated parm-reggiano cheese
3 tbl olive oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast, pounded to about 1/4 inch thick

Jacq always likes to help me cook dinner. There really wasn't much for her to do here since this dish is so easy. So I let her pour the dry ingredients onto plates for me while I pounded the chicken.

Pour your flour onto one plate and your cheese onto another.
*TIP: For easy clean up, use paper plates!






Get a medium skillet and add your evoo to the pan and turn to medium heat. Next crack your eggs into a bowl and lightly beat it. Make your assembly line. Flour first, then egg then the cheese.



Take each chicken breast and coat with egg then the flour. Then coat with the cheese. Give the cheese some firm presses so it sticks. Add to the skillet and cook each side until golden, about 7 mins per side.



Delish! Here is what it looked like right before I plated it.



Enjoy!

No comments: