Saturday, August 9, 2008

Recipe of the week

I am going to have a featured recipe each week. Usually this would be accompanied with pictures. However, I made this meal on tuesday and at that time had not yet thought to do a weekly recipe. So, no pics this week.

Most recipes will be easy to prepare. I love to cook but after working all day sometimes I would rather just boil up a box of mac & cheese. My ol' stand by. The recipes I feature will be easy and with normal ingredients that you are likely to already have on hand.
However, sometimes I like to put a little more thought and time into my meals. So there will be the occasional 'special' dish. There will also be featured crock pot recipes. I love to cook in my crock pot. Especially when it's so hot out like right now here in AZ.


CREAMY SHRIMP LINGUINE!
I found this recipe here.

INGREDIENTS:
8 ounces uncooked linguine
half a chopped onion
2 cloves of garlic, minced * I used 6 cloves 
a few shakes of dried oregano
3 tbs butter
3/4 cup whipping cream
3/4 cup shredded swiss cheese *I used asiago
3/4 cup shredded parm cheese 
1 lb small cooked shrimp, peeled, deveined

DIRECTIONS:
1. Cook linguine according to directions on package.
2. In a saucepan, saute the onion, garlic and oregano in butter until onion is crisp-tender.
3. Gradually add the cream and cheeses. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted.
4. Add the shrimp, heat through.
5. Drain linguine and top with shrimp mixture.

This recipes was so easy, had few ingredients and TONS of flavor. It also reheated nicely the next day. I brought it work and one of my co-workers asked me if it was from The Olive Garden!






No comments: