Thursday, August 14, 2008

They're Creepy and They're Crawly

If you know me then you know my three biggest fears. Clowns, spiders and water bridges. On tuesday night I was faced with one. I went to let Cooper out to go to the bathroom before I went to bed. When I opened the sliding glass door the disgusting creature in the picture below came running in my house only centimeters from my hand! I instinctively screamed and ran. I was hysterical. I grabbed a chair, scooted it next to a counter in case the spider came after me, and hopped up on it. Marc was in the room and thought there was someone in the backyard or something. When I finally caught my breath enough to let him know it was a spider, he rolled his eyes. At this point I was actually crying. The spider made its way in but thankfully did not go behind the nearby bookshelf or up the way. He was low and in plain view. Instead of killing it instantly like he should have, Marc grabbed the camera. After getting some snapshots, he grabbed the broom and killed it. It was still twitching and I was still crying. So he got a magazine and smashed it and then stomped on it with his foot. Ok. That works for me. Then we flushed him down the toilet. I will not be using that bathroom for awhile.

Here is the creature. As you can see he was about the width of the baseboard. Please excuse the dirty baseboard as we are re-doing that room.

Photobucket

My happy ending.

Photobucket

Later that night, after my heart slowed down and the tears stopped, Marc asked if I would have been more afraid if it were a clown that came through the door. I said only if it was a clown with a knife. Some spiders can be deadly. I suppose if all clowns were like pennywise then I would have said clowns.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That would of made me cry too. Spiders suck and I agree that clowns do too...you forgot your other fear,bridges freak you out too remember....

Tanya said...

You're right! How could I forget that. It's water bridges to be specific. Since we don't have any around here in the desert I don't even think of them anymore. But I am going to edit my post to add that. Thanks mom.

KT said...

Water bridges? Really? That one made me chuckle.

Agreed on the clowns and spiders. For me, add: dolls, needles, public speaking, and pulling things out of the oven.

And OH MY GOD! How freaky-looking is that spider?! You're a lot more brave than I am... I would have just moved out.

KT said...

Where's the pic of you on the chair?

There HAS to be one!