Sunday, September 14, 2008

I learned a new trick

So a few months back I bought myself a nifty SLR digital camera. It was a small fortune for anyone in my income bracket. I felt very guilty about my purchase for awhile. But I absolutely love taking pictures. I'm not that good at it yet and I have a lot to learn. I definitely don't get out to shoot as often as I would like. Mainly because it's so stinkin' hot here. It is finally cooling down (i don't think it reached 100 degrees yesterday) so I will be going out a lot more. Today for example I am going out with my good friend Tiffany and my oh so uber cool brother.
Yesterday I gave photoshop a try. I really wanted to try playing with some textures. I wasn't sure how it would turn out because I had never used photoshop before and I know there are so many different aspects to it. Being as smart as I am, I was able to get the basics down pretty fast. I should also credit my wonderful boyfriend Marc. He went to graphic design school and knows photoshop inside and out. So he was a big help. I was surprisingly happy with the results. I'll just keep at it and hope to continue to improve. Here is what I got so far.







No comments: